Thursday 4 February 2016

My Neighbor Totoro / Tonari No Totoro

                               My Neighbor Totoro



Are animes Cartoons? Is it a bit unfair just to call them cartoons? I am one of the people who considers animes art.

I talk about a movie which will make you happy with happiness of two little girls who can be happy with anything. Firstly the movie is relased in 1988. Its director is Miyazaki who is one of the founders of Studio Ghibli and he is called Walt Disney of Japan. Yeah, In this blog, you will see in time  praising of him a lot. Is it for us to praise him?

To talk about the storyline of the film, two litte sister whose mother is sick move to a mountain house which is near the hospital their mother stays, with their father. The kids meet a forest spirit who is only visible to children. and they become friends.
Why do I love this anime this much? It made me so happy that the children can be happy with a tiny thing, I cant stop watching. I loved so much the forest spirit called Totoro. Also, I like how Miyazaki shows his respect for forests, trees and spirits in his every movie. It is very appreciable that to tell a tree "Thank you for protecting my daughter.", to accept its existence and soul. I loved the movie due to these all and mostly the imagination used in forest spirits. I recommend to watch it whether you are young or old. You will get the urge to go inside the movie and jump around.

I will talk about a few scenes after talking about characters. 



The older sister Satsuki who is responsible from the house , she cooks and lights the fire.

















A little sassy but very sweet little sister Mei.













  Tatsua Kusakabe, the father who is a professor in a university.












Totoro the forest spirit, you will remember Totoro from the Beginnings of Studio Ghibli's movies.













Which scenes do I like? ( May be spoilers. )
















I loved how Mei chased these cute two things which she doesnt know what. She was so happy.





I loved how she saw the big totoro and played with it without being scared, copied and slept on it. Yes I would sleep, too.



I laughed the scene where Satsuke gave the umbrella to Totoro and Totoro loved the sound of rain falling on the umbrella and started jumping and it made rain pour from all trees. If it was me I would be scared.




In the movie, another thing I liked in terms of imagination was the catbus of course, yes the eyes were headlights!


If she can bring that corn to her mother, she will be OK quickly because Mei got it  from the field by herself.






If we laugh together we can beat evil.





For hope, at least for keeping on singing this song all the time and going around saying like Totoro to to ro.   Enjoy the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment